Glass Lined Reactors are used instead of Glass Reactors specially when scale of operation is large and relatively high pressure steam is to be used as heating media. Quite often assemblies like Simple Distillation Unit, Reaction Distillation Unit, Fractional Distillation Unit etc. are installed above Glass Lined Reactors. The basic features of these assemblies remain the same but Glass Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger is preferred due to large scale of operation. The standard Overhead Glass Assemblies on GLR are designed for reaction under Reflux and Distillation. The different types of Distillation Unit over GLR are shown in adjacent figures, GMP version are standard option.
The Standard Process Equipments are:
- Spherical / Cylindrical Graduated Feed Vessels for controlled addition of Liquid Reactants.
- Vapour Column Packed / Hollow
- Primary Condenser Coil Type Glass Heat Exchanger or Shell & Tube Type Heat Exchanger.
- Vent or Secondary Condenser Coil Type Glass Heat Exchanger or Shell & Tube Type Heat Exchanger.
- Product Cooler For cooling distillate
- Phase Separators For Multi-Component Distillation or Azeotropic Distillations
- Distillate Receivers for continuous operation without breaking of Vacuum
- Pressure Equalisation ensured by process pipeline design being to maintain complete hydraulic integrity and single point application of vacuum over the complete system.
Gala No. 6 In Unit No. 4, E.D. Estate, Dalvi Nagar, Survey No. 23, Sagpada Road, Village Chinchoti, Off Kaman Bhiwandi Highway, Behind Bhajanlal Dairy, Taluka Vasai (East), District Palghar,, Vasai, Maharashtra, 401208, India